Save the Bengal Tiger

postaday « myraysoflight

postaday « myraysoflight:

You

The greatest thing ever
I was ever told
Was I am here for you
You are not alone

Such a simple phrase to deliver
So simple to relay
Yet far reaching it is
To give love in this way

A verbally connected hug
A word of unity
A beautiful moment shared
A divine opportunity

You are not alone now
Your cries I hear and know
It’s okay to be afraid
Love starts to grow

For the true essence of love
Is not in a ceremonial ring
But in the unity of a people
And the comfort that brings

You are not alone in your anguish
Your breaking heart is my key
That you are seeking understanding
Fellowship…humanity

Your situation may be unique
Of that we both know to be true
But the isolation you feel
It’s something I’ve gone through

So when your blue skies turn gloomy
The clouds are dark and grim
I will be there to talk to
Reaching the soul from within

I may not be able to change it
But I will sit and hear your sighs
My heart will reach out
Further than you realize

So scream…yell or sob
I will hold your hand…have your back
Your journey although different
I know where you are at

And I will sit and quietly listen
May shed a tear or two
For I remember that Fall day
When the one I needed…was you

No comments: